Important advice: before you set the bowl of Mexican Corn Dip down at a party, load up your plate. As soon as the other guests taste it, this dip is a goner.
Creamy, cheesy, and southwest-spiced, this fiesta corn dip is one of those no-brainer recipes that people go crazy over.
Want to feel like the bell of the appetizer ball? Be the person who brings creamy street corn dip!
Mexican corn dip is among the small rotation of reliable, crowd-pleasing appetizer recipes that have become signatures. (The Cowboy Caviar and Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip from my cookbook are two others.)
Not only do my friends stay consistently excited about these recipes—it’s gotten to the point where I’m practically not allowed to bring anything else!
This Mexican corn dip recipe comes from my sister Elaine, who proudly calls herself a professional tailgater and dip eater (this recipe is her game-day go-to).
Street corn dip is also ideal from the hostesses’ perspective.
It takes minutes to make, you can refrigerate it for hours in advance (in fact, it tastes better as it sits), and did I mention people freak out over how good it is?
Creamy Mexican street corn dip is everything your appetizer game needs heading into summer and beyond.
5 Star Review
“This was a huge hit in my house!! Everyone loved it!”— Toni —
How to Make the Best Ever Mexican Corn Dip
I am gaga over this dip for the taste and because with a few simple ingredient swaps, you can lighten it up without anyone noticing.
- 2% Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt sneaks in as a healthy swap for sour cream. It tastes just as luscious and creamy (just ask Salmon Dip). Plus, it’s packed with protein.
- Olive-Oil Mayonnaise. It’s not corn dip without mayo. I like the olive-oil based kind, but you can swap regular mayo if you prefer.
- Spices. Chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin give this dip major pizzaz!.
- Mexican-Style Corn. A colorful, delicious blend of corn and peppers (you may also see it called Mexicorn or fiesta corn). It’s a fantastic shortcut that helps make this dip incredibly simple.
- Cheddar Cheese. Because corn dip with cheese is infinitely more scrumptious.
- Jalapeno. Jalapenos add a hint of spice without overpowering the other flavors.
- Hot Sauce. Gives this dip an extra kick of flavor and heat. Feel free to use more if you’d like a spicy corn dip.
- Stir the yogurt, mayo, and spices together.
- Add the corn, cheese, onions, and jalapeno.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Finish with hot sauce and ENJOY!
You can serve this street corn dip with a variety of options, including tortilla chips, veggies, potato chips, or crackers, but the one MANDATORY dipper is Fritos Scoops. Our family has tested this extensively, trust us!
- To Store. Leftover Mexican corn dip will keep the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Meal Plan Tip
Up to 1 day in advance, prepare the corn dip as directed, cover, and refrigerate it until serving.
Turn leftover dip into a scrumptious quesadilla filling (dice and toss in these Grilled Chicken Tenders too).
What To Serve With Mexican Corn Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas – Easy Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas made with enchilada sauce, cheese, and Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Creamy, flavorful, and a family favorite!
- Mexican Salad – This Mexican Salad is fresh, filling, and made with authentic Mexican flavors! Romaine lettuce, beans, avocado, tomatoes, and roasted sweet potatoes make it colorful, nutritious, and absolutely delicious.
- Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Taco Slaw – The BEST Healthy Shrimp Tacos with cabbage slaw and creamy cilantro lime sauce. Juicy, spicy, and so easy! Cook on the stove or grill.
- Taco Salad Dressing – Healthy Taco Salad with ground turkey, black beans, avocado, and Greek yogurt salsa dressing. An easy, delicious, low-carb recipe.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Mixing Bowls. Perfect for making this corn dip.
- Measuring Spoons. You’ll love these double-sided spoons.
- Measuring Cups. Easy-to-use measuring cups.
Mexican Corn Dip
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (do not use non-fat)
- 3/4 cup olive-oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cans Mexican-style corn (11-ounce cans) sometimes called Fiesta corn
- 16 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 large green onions (or 6 small) sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- Tabasco Cholula or similar hot sauce, optional for serving
- Fritos Scoops for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayo, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Stir in the corn, cheese, green onions, and jalapeno.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with hot sauce and serve.
- TO STORE: Leftover Mexican Corn Dip will keep the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite recipes and access FREE meal plans.Sign Me Up